The DDA amended and restated the existing Development and Tax Increment Financing Plan for Downtown Northville in 2014. The updated document became effective on February 28th, 2015, and is available for viewing by clicking on the link below.
Purpose and Background
The Amended and Restated Plan accomplished the following objectives:
- organized and consolidated the original Plan from 1978 and the six subsequent amendments to the Plan into one
- clear and concise document;
- extended the plan until the year 2040;
- included a list of future DDA projects and provide estimates and prioritization to these projects;
- adjusted the Development Area boundaries so that they would be the same as the Downtown District boundaries
On February 2, 2015 the City Council held a public hearing for the purpose of reviewing and taking public comments on the draft Plan.