City of Northville
Downtown Development Authority
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for organizational support to the Executive Director, Marketing & Communications Director, and the DDA Board of Directors. The Administrative Assistant functions with considerable independence on a day-to-day basis in performing activities and is held accountable for results.
• maintenance of DDA’s website using SiteBuilder software
• preparation of bi-monthly e–newsletter
• promote the use of and oversee the reservations for Town Square
• attendance and support for DDA Board Meetings – preparation of board packets and meeting minutes
• special projects as assigned by the DDA Board of Directors or DDA Executive Director
• preparation of special reports
• preparation and submission of biweekly invoices to Finance Department
In addition, the Administrative Assistant interacts with downtown merchants, property owners, public officials, and the general public in order to facilitate DDA goals and objectives.
Essential knowledge, skills, abilities, and minimum qualifications:
The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities and minimum qualifications necessary of the Administrative Assistant to perform the responsibilities of the position. Applications will be evaluated on their ability to meet these qualifications:
• Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the same or related field.
• Skill in the use of Microsoft Office software for word processing, Excel for spreadsheets, database, and Power Point for report and presentation purposes and in the use of web page software.
• Skill in communicating both orally and in writing with the ability to provide concise and articulate reports and presentations to a variety of audiences.
• Skill in building and maintaining effective working relationships with members of the public, public officials, various professionals, other City departments, and the general public along with the ability to work cooperatively for larger goals and the common good of the DDA.
• Entrepreneurial, self-starting, energetic, and have the ability to prioritize tasks and assignments. Must be capable of functioning effectively in an independent environment.
Salary and Benefits:
• Part time position: 18-21 hours per week
• Flexible schedule
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Part time position does not provide any additional benefits
To apply please send resumes to Lori Ward at email@example.com. All applications are due by Friday, June 18th.