Do Not Happen by Accident
The goal of our 2006 Downtown Stragetic Plan was to create a vibrant and successful downtown area where people want to live, work, and shop! With increased competition from the adjacent communities, regional shopping centers, and planned new retail and restaurant developments, Downtown Northville needs to remain competitive.
The Downtown Strategic Plan represents a vision for the future of Downtown Northville including the following projects:
- Building a new Town Square: Town Square was completed in October of 2007 and is now a great place to connect with friends, enjoy a carry out meal from one of many nearby restaurants, and dance to the tunes of our summer concerts!
- Implement Center Street and Main Street streetscape projects: The Downtown Streetscape Enhancement Project began on August 2, 2010.
- Establish a pedestrian cut-through on East Main Street: The Comerica Community Connection began on January 23, 2012.
- Encourage and facilitate sidewalk cafes and outdoor seating: Changes to the outdoor seating guidelines were implemented to include the addition of Platform Dining in 2010. Dining platforms are in place at Table 5 (126 E. Main) and LeGeorge (124 E. Main) allowing for additional outdoor seating space.
- Determine future parking expansion needs
- Improve connection to Ford Field and the Mill Race District