City of Northville
Downtown Development Authority
Scope of Services: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for professional marketing and organizational support to the Executive Director and the DDA Board of Directors. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator functions with considerable independence on a day to day basis in performing activities and is held accountable for results.
- maintenance of DDA’s website using SiteBuilder software
- preparation of bi-monthly e–newsletter
- coordination and oversight of all marketing related activities including ad campaigns, bi-monthly event cards, walking maps and directories
- planning and implementation of all DDA special events
- promote the use of and oversee the reservations for Town Square
- development and execution of educational training for downtown merchants
- attendance and support for DDA related committees – Board of Directors and Marketing Committee
- special projects as assigned by the DDA Board of Directors or DDA Executive Director
- preparation of special reports
- preparation and submission of weekly invoices to Finance Department
- preparation of DDA Board packets and development of meeting minutes
In addition, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator interacts with downtown merchants, property owners, public officials, and the general public in order to facilitate DDA goals and objectives.
Essential knowledge, skills, abilities, and minimum qualifications:
The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities and minimum qualifications necessary of the Marketing and Communications Coordinator’s organization to perform the responsibilities of the position. Applications will be evaluated on their ability to meet these qualifications.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in the same or related field.
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office software for word processing, spreadsheets, database, and Power Point for report and presentation purposes and in the use of web page software.
- Skill in communicating both orally and in writing with the ability to provide concise and articulate reports and presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Skill in building and maintaining effective working relationships with members of the public, public officials, various professionals, other City departments, and the general public along with the ability to work cooperatively for larger goals and the common good of the DDA.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starting, energetic, and have the ability to prioritize tasks and assignments. Must be capable of functioning effectively in an independent environment.
Salary and Benefits:
- Part time position: 24-28 hours per week
- Flexible schedule
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Part time position does not provide any additional benefits
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, September 15th at 4:30 pm. If you have any questions please contact Lori Ward at 248-349-0345.